Updated: Aug 2013
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We collect different types of information from you when you visit the Site or otherwise contact us.
Personally-identifiable Information. When you register for an account (“Account”) as a member of the Site (“Member”), we collect your first and last name, your birth date (for purposes of eligibility and legal compliance) and your payment information (e.g., valid credit card number, expiration date and billing address) which together constitute your “Personally-identifiable Information.”
HOW WE USE PERSONALLY-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We use your Personally-identifiable Information in a variety of ways:
· To ensure that you are of legal age to access and use the Site;
· To operate and improve the Site;
· To deliver and improve the Services;
· To verify the legitimacy of Member postings to Profiles, Comments and Messages; and
· For internal business analysis and other internal business purposes.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONALLY-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We will not sell, rent or lease your Personally-identifiable Information to third parties. We may disclose your Personally-identifiable Information, without notice, to third parties in the following instances:
· We have your permission to do so;
· The information is publicly available;
· The disclosure is consistent with the purpose for which the information was provided to us;
· The disclosure is to your chosen payment provider to fulfill purchases of the Services or other services or goods as requested by you;
· The disclosure is reasonably related to the sale or other disposition of all or part of our business or assets;
· When we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable law;
· When we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure is necessary to respond to legal process, including subpoenas, served on us by a third party, or to respond to a request or demand for assistance from law enforcement or a government agency;
· When we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure is necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of Gig Razor;
· When we believe, in our sole discretion, that a Member or visitor to the Site is engaging in illegal activities, or that disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of our Members, other visitors to the Site or the public;
· The disclosure is otherwise permitted by law; or
· The disclosure is made to our trusted business partners to help us conduct marketing of our or our Affiliates’ goods and services, perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support or arrange for deliveries. Our business partners are prohibited from using the information except to provide these services on our behalf, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information.
SECURITY OF PERSONALLY-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
The security of your Personally-identifiable Information is important to us. Gig Razor, and our trusted business partner(s) that host the Site and maintain the servers through which we provide the Services, take reasonable measurers to secure your Personally-identifiable Information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personally-identifiable Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. When you enter Personally-identifiable Information (such as a credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We use a third party credit card processing company. We will only share with them (via SSL) your Personally-identifiable Information that is needed to process your credit card payments, and they are prohibited from using your Personally-identifiable Information for any other purpose. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personally-identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
EDITING & REMOVING YOUR INFORMATION; INFORMATION RETENTION
You can review, modify and delete Personally-Identifiable information and Business Contact Information that you have given us by logging into your Account on the Site and following the instructions provided on the screen. You can review, modify or delete your Member Content that you have posted on your Profile by logging into and editing your Profile on the Site. We make requested changes and deletions to your Personally-Identifiable information, Business Contact Information and Member Content as soon as practicable, but it may be impossible to remove this information completely, since it may remain in our backup files and/or logs. Please note that, if you request deletion of your information, you will be unable to utilize certain features of the Site and the Services.
Notwithstanding the above, we may preserve information about you, including your Personally-Identifiable information, Business Contact Information and Member Content, in response to a legal demand or request if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We may also preserve information about you, including your Personally-Identifiable information, Business Contact Information and Member Content, when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you, including your Personally-Identifiable information, Business Contact Information and Member Content, may be retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
BUSINESS CONTACT INFORMATION
To facilitate connections between Members as part of the Services, we display your Business Contact Information on your Profile, and it is therefore visible to other Members.
We use, and/or disclose your Business Contact Information to third parties, without notice, in the following instances:
· For the same purposes set forth in the HOW WE USE PERSONALLY-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION and HOW WE SHARE PERSONALLY-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION sections set forth above;
· To contact you via mail or email regarding updates to the Site and the Services; and
· To contact you via email to inform you about other products, services and promotions available from us, our Affiliates, or our business partners that are not affiliated with us (we will not share your Personally-identifiable Information with our business partners in such instances). You can always opt-out of promotional emails using the links contained in such messages. If you have difficulties opting out, you may contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by sending us mail to the address listed in the CONTACT US section below.
We will not sell, rent or lease your Business Contact Information to third parties.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Site or the Services. (You may also get cookies and other tracking technologies from our advertisers or other third parties with links on the Site as described below. We do not control these cookies and other tracking technologies.)
We may automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address (the Internet address of your computer), your computer’s name, your geographic location, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses and other generally-accepted information. We may also record page views and other general statistical and tracking information, which may be aggregated with that of others in order to understand how Gig Razor is being used, and for security and monitoring purposes. None of this data contains personally identifiable information.
We may also disclose aggregated Anonymous Information that has been collected from you and other Members or visitors to the Site to our existing or potential business partners or other third parties, or in response to a government request or demand. We may also share de-identified, aggregated demographic and preference data with third parties to enable the provision of targeted information, promotions, offers and discounts on products and services.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES & LINKS
If you are below the age of 18, you may only use the Site with the express permission and under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian. Furthermore, you may only become a Member and use the Services once your parent or legal guardian has registered you and agreed to be responsible for everything that you do and share on and through the Site and the Services and related communications with other Members and visitors of the Site.
We do not seek or knowingly collect any personal information about children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such personal information from our systems. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us personal information, please contact us (see CONTACT US section).
VISITORS RESIDING OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Gig Razor LLC
186 Birchwood Drive
West Chester, PA 19380
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly evaluate any complaints, determine if any violations have occurred and any remedy any problems.